Monday, December 1, 2014

Ultimate Reset, pre-kickoff

After dropping some serious coin on the Ultimate Reset and Shakeology I began to mentally prepare for what was to come...after I shook the ominous sounds of banging drums and visions of thunder and lightning out of my head, I began to think clearly.

I wanted to give myself a primer...okay, I lie. I wanted to give myself the opportunity to enjoy Thanksgiving and my son's 5th birthday without worrying that I was outside the confines of some 'routine.' 

But this is good...jumping right into things, especially things that really change the shape of how you go about your day (every day) doesn't work - you need a window of preparation...which is exactly what I had.

If you're planning on making a change, you need to take the time to really think about what you're doing
I had time to really read through the materials and learn about each step of the Reset. I had time to understand the meal preparations and, subsequently, learn about what modifications I could make that would be amenable to both myself and the program. 

I don't eat meat and I eat very little dairy. This comes as a shock to most people. Why? Because I'm not a twig, I've got some meat (okay, a lot of meat) on my bones. There is this assumption that being a vegetarian or a vegan means you are generally healthy and fit. Well, for the record, there is no dairy in potato chips and Oreos are considered vegan. Does my jiggly stature make sense now?!?! 

Preparation
So back to the preparation bit...I worked out which meals would be best for me for the first week and then I made a shopping list. I scoured the manual that accompanies the Reset package to make sure I wasn't leaving anything out, and then I went to the store. 

This is what my night looked like


Lots of prep work and lots of cooking. I also doubled a dressing recipe and pre-baked 3 sweet potatoes. My fridge is packed.

The night before
So last night, prior to hitting the rack, I set aside the necessary supplements needed for the day. The Reset includes a handy case to carry this stuff along in, it has a couple velcro pill slots also, which I like. I also set up alerts in my phone to correspond with the necessary components of the Reset.


This is it folks...it's about to go live! 

No comments:

Post a Comment