Monday, September 17, 2012

Might wanna get that spoonful of sugar, just to help this all go down...

I guess, before we go any further in this blog relationship, I should tell you a little something about me. 

In short, I'm awesome. Really, just ask anyone that is required to agree via birth, blood lines,  marriage, and court order. Outside this realm, however, you'll most likely get a different response.


Unfortunately, I know everything...and if I don't I will bullshit with enough big words and convoluted theory to make you feel like you've been wrong about everything your entire life. But I will follow always it up with a compliment, so the whole thing will be a little bit easier to swallow.

Example:

My Brother: "I'm not adopted, let it go."

Me: "You're totally adopted. Do a genotype Punnet Square!"

My  Brother: "What the fuck is a Punnet Square?"

Me: "Are you serious? A Punnet Square is only the leading method biologists use to predict an offspring's genotype! Mendelian inheritance...it's basic genetics. Unfortunately for you, the dominant alleles of hair color aren't in your favor. Red hair is a recessive genetic mutation, occurring in 1% of the total population...sorry bro, time to find your real parents. Wow, those are pretty awesome shoes, are they new?

See what I did there? I have no clue what the hell I'm talking about, but I pulled some 7th grade life science on his ass. When your credibility as a know-it-all is on the line, you can't hold back in light of hurt feelings or mental breakdowns. (write that down). 

The reason I can argue with such ridiculousness is because I'm a perpetual student. I hate school, but I love to learn stuff. I've been a full time college student for what seems like eternity, chasing degrees in a wide variety of fields, just for the sake of doing so. Fortunately, I have my GI Bill to fuel my addiction. 

Seriously though, the titles of who I am are standard, I'm a mom (of 2 great little guys), a wife (to an old man!), a daughter (with the awesomest parents), a veteran (which I wear with pride), and generally tired (as in, I'd like to sleep more). 

My perpetual goal is to, each day, become a better mother than I was the day before. I love my two little boys dearly and want to be the best momma I can be. I do the absolute best I can by them, but I'm a work in progress.

As a disclaimer, I suffered a bit of a head injury just shy of a year ago, bits and pieces of my memory come and go, sometimes I use the wrong words because my noggin isn't making the connections, so if my rantings seems a bit off kilter, this is most likely to blame. Or I'm drunk.

As much of a disaster as it can be at times, I love my life...I'm looking forward to getting to know you (and myself) a little bit better as we move forward. 


No comments:

Post a Comment